Monday, September 28, 2015

"The cockroaches are coming! The cockroaches are coming!"

This has been a crazy week, people! The good news is:  We made it through and we're all alive!
I guess I should explain my heading.... Our apartment is overrun with nasty little beasts... Not that I'm complaining. I just didn't realize that I would have this problem as a stateside missionary. I guess it just adds to the adventure! We actually had to sleep at our sister training leader's house last night because of it. Hopefully, we can get that fixed soon...

This week we had zone conference, which was incredibly inspiring. However, we got Tiwi's put in our cars at the conference... For all of you who don't know what that is, it's a monitoring device that yells at you if you speed, or go over a bump too fast, or anything like that. Not that that should matter because I'm an amazingly safe driver, it's just kind of obnoxious.... We also got our car inspected, and guess what companionship won cleanest car in the Zone? Yup. We did:)

We also had exchanges and the broadcast of the General Women's Meeting this week. Exchanges were pretty crazy. Hna. Buchanan and I stayed with Sister Carlson. By the time we were done with studies and lunch, every appointment we had had texted us and cancelled... and it just sorta went downhill from there. Since it was such a crazy day, we decided we needed to go to the newly opened Café Rio for dinner. Being in that building is like being in Utah again, people. It's the only one for miles, so it's always full of members. Why do Mormons like Café Rio so much? I have no idea, but it's great. So we were standing in line and we saw a member from one of the wards. He came over and talked to us for a second and then handed us some money and told us to buy our dinner with it. That was the biggest tender mercy of my entire life!!!! And then, to make sure I really knew that God still loved me, He sent TWO more people to offer to buy our meals! Can you believe that?! I was sooooo grateful to those kind souls! It made my entire day! And then, of course, after that we watched Women's conference, which was absolutely amazing!!!! I see a book coming out any day of Pres. Uchdorf's parable.

Anyway, I hope you all have an amazing conference weekend and that you all watch it and learn a lot and feel the spirit:) Have a blessed week!

Hermana Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment