Monday, September 21, 2015

On Being a Trainer

Hola!
 
This has been a crazy week. Driving for the first time in 10 months, leading an area and training is a little scary, but we made it and we are alive! My new companions are Hermana Mardis, like I said last week, and our new missionary is Hermana Buchanan! There is a picture of us below. I just love these two beautiful women so much! They are the best! Hna. Mardis is from Cedar City and Hna. Buchanan is from Layton.

We had a pretty great little miracle happen this week. We have really been struggling in our area to find anyone new to teach, so we went tracting in a trailer park that hasn't been tracted in a long time. On the third trailer we walked up to this man. He comes over and starts talking to us through the screening around his porch. He was kinda being weird and grumpy. He kept saying stuff about how there is only one God, but  we couldn't really understand what he was getting at because his English was kinda broken. So I said, "This is a ramdom question, but, where are you from?" He said that he was from Guatemala. So I said, "Entonces, habla español ?" He nodded, and I said,"Nosotras tambien!" When I said that, he completely changed. There was suddenly a smile on his face and he asked us to come in and if we wanted anything to drink. I had to try not to laugh, he went from grumpy and closed off, to open and super nice in less than a second. We taught him the Restoration lesson and he said he would really think and pray about it. We'll see what happens!

I hope you all have a fantastic week! 
Remember that God loves you!

Love, 
Hermana Fields
 
Hermanas Mardis, Buchanan and Me!

My Hamburger "tostada" - #ThatGlutenFreeLife 

My last district
 

No comments:

Post a Comment