Monday, September 14, 2015

News from the News!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello friends!

Well, another week has come and gone, and today officially marks a new transfer. That probably makes you all wonder (or not) is Hermana Fields moving, or staying in Newport News? Well, I'll tell you. I'm staying! And guess who's coming to be my companion?! Hermana Mardis! And guess who else?! I don't actually know, because she is currently in the MTC! I'm training!!!! Weird, I know. I feel way too young to be a mom.

In other news, we had stake conference this week. It was pretty darn amazing. Our stake president is going to be an apostle one day. He is so darn powerful! Like, almost Elder Holland powerful (I hope that's not sacrilegious to say...).  We were all thoroughly called to repentance in the most loving way I have ever heard. President Hamilton is an amazing example of bold but loving. Here are a few things I learned:

1. A thought from the stake relief society president: God doesn't need our prayers. He wants them and lovingly waits for them, but He doesn't need them. We are the ones that need our prayers. We need to be reminded every morning and evening that we have a loving Heavenly Father that gave us everything and is still giving us all that He can. So, say your prayers morning and evening!

2. Knowledge from President Baker: The quote "Open your mouth and it will be filled" has a twin, "Pick up your pen and you will receive revelation." When we are searching for revelation we need to study and have a pen and paper ready for revelation and write it down, and the,n as President Baker says, "Ask the simple question, 'Is there any more?' There usually is." As we act and write down our promptings God will know that we mean business.

3. Wisdom from the stake president's 11 year old son: "Who needs caffeine when you have family history?" Family History is energizing! This stake has a huge emphasis on family history. They made a goal to submit 10,000 names to the temple this year. As of yesterday, the stake has submitted 11,525 names. How insane is that?! Family history is so important! It provides salvation for our ancestors and protection and help in our homes. That is a promise from God! So all of you need to do it because I can't, yet!

I hope all of that made sense to you all...

I'll have to give you all an update on my little greenie next week.

I hope you all have a beautifully blessed week!

Hermana Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment