Monday, August 31, 2015

Time Keeps Flying By



Hola!!!!

Another week has passed! And the transfer is, once again, almost over! What the heck, time? Will you just slow down????

Exchanges were this week and I left to go to the Sister Training Leader's area. We saw such a wonderful miracle! We were walking around this big fountain/pond at the huge fancy city center, talking to people. We saw a lady just sitting by herself so we went and gave her a "Because He Lives" card. It was a very short, slightly awkward conversation, and we walked off. Later, Sister Harrison said, "She was having a bad day, we need to go find her and talk to her again." So we found her! We walked towards her and neither of us really knew what to say, all we know was that we needed to talk to her! As soon as we walked up she just looked at us and said, "I want to let you know that I was having a really bad day and you were an answer to my prayer. I have been thinking and praying all weekend and when you handed me that card I looked at the website and I knew that God was there." WHAT? It was crazy! Heavenly Father is so aware of every single one of his children and as missionaries we are so blessed to help Him in this great work.

This morning we were studying Mosiah 1 and 2 (Can you believe that in 3 weeks we are already in Mosiah???). King Benjamin is the best. Here is my scripture of the week! It's from Mosiah chapter 2:41.
" And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."

What an amazing promise that is! Living with God in a state of never ending happiness? I know I want that! Sometimes keeping the commandments is hard but it is always worth the pain!! Always! Elder Holland once said, "The joy of the gospel is greater than any of the demands it imposes." Amen. I can testify that that is true.

I hope you all have a wonderful, blessed week!

Hermana Fields

PS  -  We went to the beach again this morning and that's what these pix are from. :)





No comments:

Post a Comment