Monday, August 24, 2015

9 Months! (Half-way through)

This is it, on Wednesday, I turn 9 months. What? When did that happen?! Sometimes it feels like I have only been out of training for like a week! And then sometimes it feels like I have been on my mission for 19 years. I'm not on the downward slope though... I'm still on the upward climb toward missionary perfection!

In other news: WE HAD AN INVESTIGATOR AT CHURCH! I have never had an investigator at church since my Greenville days. That was 3 transfers ago! It was an absolute miracle!

My Spanish is coming along. Lately, I have seen a lot of improvement in myself. I led my first lesson in Spanish last week! I had a goal of being able to lead a lesson by the end of last transfer, but that didn't happen... but it finally did! Usually Hermana Nyre teaches more than I do, but we were in a lesson and she had kids climbing all over her, and so I just taught. And it went really well! Heavenly Father takes care of his servants! The gift of tongues is a real thing!

Like I have talked about before, we are reading the Book of Mormon as a mission and I thought I would share some thoughts from what I read today. :)
 23 For behold, my beloved brethren, I say unto you that the Lord God worketh not in darkness.
24 He doeth not anything‍ save it be for the benefit of the world; for he loveth‍ the world, even that he layeth down his own life that he may draw all‍ men unto him. Wherefore, he commandeth none that they shall not partake of his salvation.
 25 Behold, doth he cry unto any, saying: Depart from me? Behold, I say unto you, Nay; but he saith: Come‍ unto me all ye ends‍ of the earth, buy‍ milk and honey, without money and without price.
 26 Behold, hath he commanded any that they should depart‍ out of the synagogues, or out of the houses of worship? Behold, I say unto you, Nay.
 27 Hath he commanded any that they should not partake of his salvation? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but he hath given‍ it free for all men; and he hath commanded his people that they should persuade all men to repentance.
 28 Behold, hath the Lord commanded any that they should not partake of his goodness? Behold I say unto you, Nay; but all‍ men are privileged the one like‍ unto the other, and none are forbidden.

Christ doesn't care who you are, what you look like, what your circumstances are or what you have done in your life. He loves you, and he just wants you to come to him and repent. It's just our decision to do it.

I hope you all have a fantastic week!
Les quiero!
Hermana Fields

Eating Hispanic Candy That Someone Gave Us :)

Sensitive Plant - Look how big my little plant is! For those of you who don't know, I grew this cute little thing from seeds:) When you touch the leaves they close! It's basically the coolest plant ever.

Stuck Inside While We Were Sick

No comments:

Post a Comment