Saturday, March 28, 2015

Raleigh Temple Trip

You know you’re a missionary when: You start writing on an envelope addressed to your little brother, and instead of writing Joseph Fields, you write “Joseph Smith”. . .

Hello Friends!

     Well, another week has gone by in Greenville, North Carolina.  Sometimes we have way too many adventures. . .  The highlight of my entire mission, though: We went to the temple! It was the most incredible experience of my life.  I never ever wanted to leave after we went in.  It was just beautiful seeing all the missionaries dressed in white. . .  I really could have stayed forever. 

     Oh, but guess what, everyone.  My companion is leaving me!  She is going home next week!  It’s crazy!  So, after this week I have no idea where I will be.  There are so many possibilities.  I could stay here and probably be English another transfer, or I could get transferred and be English or Spanish, or I could quite possibly stay here and be Spanish. . .  It’s in the Lord’s hands!  I’m just walking on faith for now.  It is pretty weird to think that Sis. Hansen will be with her parents next week. . .  I’ll sure miss her! 

     Let’s see, what else happened? . . .  Well, I decided to study patience in my personal studies and boy did I get trials of patience. . .  It was good, though.  I learned a lot this week. :)  I found a really great quote on patience that I like a lot.  It’s by President Uchtdorf:  “Patience is not passive resignation, nor is it failing to act because of our fears. Patience means active waiting and enduring. It means staying with something … even when the desires of our hearts are delayed. Patience is not simply enduring; it is enduring well!”  That is the best patience-missionary-quote I have ever heard, and it’s not even about missionary work!

     Currently we are lacking a little in the investigator side of things. . .  However, through patience, things are starting to look up! I’m excited to see what awaits us next week!

Love you all! Have a blessed week!                                

Hermana Fields

PS – Guess what I did this week.  I taught an English class!  The Spanish Elders have an English class going, and so we are starting to switch off teaching.  So, that was fun.  My Spanish is awful, but my English is pretty okay, so I thinked it worked! :)







Cool Animal sculptures in Greenville made out of like old metal stuff








Cool brick sculptures in Greenville



No comments:

Post a Comment