Monday, March 7, 2016

Clayton, NC and 3rd Time's the Charm ;)

Hey y'all!

Sorry I wasn't able to write last week! Things were a bit crazy because I got transferred! Hermana Nyre stayed in Smithfield and I moved up the road to Clayton!!! This place is the promised land! We're the only missionaries in the Ward, so we teach English and Spanish, which is kinda' weird, but great! Guess who my companion is?! Hna. Reed! Haha, for the third time!!! How crazy is that?! Who's companions THREE TIMES?! Us, apparently. Good thing we get along!!! At first we were both a little worried that our companionship would be trunky city because we're both going home soon, but we've made a goal to push each other to work harder than ever. So far, I feel like I have been working harder than I have in a long time. It feels great, and we're seeing so many miracles, and it has now been 21 days since I have had a bad day :) 

Something not so great happened this week, though. There is a family here that the sisters had been working with that was set to be baptized this Saturday. Everyone was so excited because they seemed so converted and excited. They had even already started sharing the Book of Mormon! This week though, we got a text that said that they didn't want anything to do with Mormons in their home. He had talked to someone and they had been convinced that Joseph Smith was a false prophet and that only Christ was going to restore his church and a lot of other very not true things. We were devastated. It was so sad that they could be influenced so easily! However, it turned out to be something that really strengthened my testimony. The more I thought about all the things they told us were wrong, the more it didn't make sense. I reflected a lot on the truths that I have held dear since I was little and realized just how grateful I am for the knowledge I have. The more I learn about the gospel, the more I see that it just makes sense! People always tell us to not be blinded by what we grew up in, but it's really because I grew up in it that I can't deny that this is the true church of God. I have seen and felt so much that I just can't deny it! I have studied the Book of Mormon, I have had countless answers to prayers, I been in the presence of men I know are prophets of God and I know without a doubt that it's all true. So, the whole thing was both good and bad. I'm grateful that the Lord helped me turn it into a learning experience instead of a faith weakening experience. 

So, that's basically our week! A lot more happened too, but I don't have time to type it out...

Have a blessed week!

Hermana Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment