Monday, May 18, 2015

Call Me Hermana

Hola from The News!

This area is absolutely incredible! It is gorgeous (Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown settlement are in our area!) and I just love the people here!...Even though I can't really understand what they are saying to me! I am now in one of only two totally Spanish branches in our entire mission. Everyone around here just calls it "The Branch."  It cracks me up.

Mi nueva compaƱera is Hermana Bills. She is an amazing missionary! She's only been out for three months, but she's basically fluent in Spanish and is just amazing. She's from Provo, so it's really nice that we both know the same places. We have some struggles with our names, though. When Hispanic people say Fields or Bills, it sounds almost exactly the same. So I'm probably going to end up being Hermana Campos. The only problem with that, is that the missionary that I replaced was named Camps and went by Campos! Maybe I'll be Hermana Fieles (faithful, sorta). We'll see what happens:)

My Spanish is pretty terrible.  But I'm slowly, but surely, improving. I know that this is where the Lord wants me to be and that He is right next to me, helping me learn this language. People get pretty confused though when my cute, blond companion can speak Spanish and the little Mexican next to her can't. That's alright though! I'll be able to just pretend I have always spoken Spanish one day!  

I hope you all have a blessed week!

Hermana Fields/Campos/Fieles

No comments:

Post a Comment